I’m honored to have received the Liebster Blog Award from a new follower and blog I intend to follow A Blissful Haven. I am so excited to be nominated and be back to blogging consistently now and see what this new year brings.
The Liebster Award is an award given from bloggers to bloggers and Alexis nominated me when she found my blog. The Petite Mrs is still trucking along and I will not give up! I have some great supporters by my side now and I appreciate every single person who takes the time to read my words.
11 questions from Alexis
1. Why did you start blogging?
I began blogging fall of 2010 a year after our wedding when I wanted to document our new lives together. I wrote mostly about day to day and what I was up to with school and such.
2. If you could be a character from a TV show who would it be? Why?
I would be Summer from The OC. She has a lavish life and not many problems…..
3. What is your favorite flower?
White roses of course. Our wedding flower, or if not- I like lotus too. I have one as a tattoo!
4. Where is your favorite place to blog?
Outside in the sunshine or at a coffee shop is nice too. I don’t get to a lot since it’s usually rainy.
5. What is your favorite thing to make?
I love to make stuffed bell peppers with beef and extra veggies stuffed inside like a frittata,
6. What is your style and what is your favorite thing to wear?
I wear for comfort. Jeans, T- shirts, long sleeves and chunky sweaters. BOOTS!
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Italy by far! I want to go there on vacation so bad just to see where my ancestors and family lived.
8. Describe the best evening ever.
I would love to take time and enjoy getting ready, have a nice outfit all laid out, find a hairstyle and makeup routine that I like. I would go to a nice restaurant-maybe a new place to experience. And then a wonderful night cap. Maybe a place to dance or theater and a show. Then a relaxing bath afterwards with bubbles. Last but not least, some “love action” and off to ZZZZZland… 🙂
9. What is your secret obsession?
I love to A) watch PLL and B) eat food (particularly sweets) and C) I love my husband.
Take your pick!
10. What do you do to relax?
Watch tv, read a book, blog, listen to music on pandora or music choice, going for a drive with friends or take a bubble bath.
11. What is your dream career?
It used to be a psychologist but I cannot seem to get through the mathematics required for that work which is just stupid. I would still like to work with children- maybe in the same capacity with trauma counseling, maybe as a volunteer at a shelter or trauma center of some sort. I also love office work, to organize and file and answer calls- makes my heart flutter.
11 random facts about me:
1. I love homestyle food! Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, spinach, rolls that type of thing.
2. I take Aleve because usually nothing else works for headaches and Tylenol makes me sick.
3. I hate water but I’m working on making a habit of drinking more.
4. I usually break out in dance when a song I like comes on the radio
5. I took dance classes for 17 of my 26 years- yep I was about 9 when I started
6. I’m a very dedicated and loyal friend. I will drop everything for any of my friends…
7. I used to design the heck outta my MySpace page, yes I was obsessed with it.
8. My favorite color(s) are turquoise/teal and lavendar. I can never decided which I like more.
9. I always used to make up lyrics to my own songs in my room when I was younger (wish I had written them down)
10. My senior project was about suicide prevention and I featured my own poetry and prose about my fathers death and how I coped.
11. I love to shop- I wanna be a personal shopper but I have no fashion industry sense.
11 questions for my nominees:
1) whats your first memory as a young child?
2) whats your favorite scent and why?
3) If you lived on a desert island- what 3 things would you bring with you and why?
4) What is your favorite school subject and why? Least favorite?
5) Favorite candy?
6) Best trait about yourself or your personality?
7) What grinds your gears (makes you mad/angry/frusterated)?
8) Do you prefer coffee/tea/soda or water?
9) If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
10) Whats your middle name? (I am always curious about this one!)
11) TV or Books? Why? Favorites?
Thanks again ladies and have fun writing your posts