“it’s my party and i’ll cry if i want to”
Today is my 28th birthday! I can’t believe another year flew by so quickly. It’s just crazy how life moves so fast, just continues no matter what- even if you’re not holding on. This past year I’ve changed, grown, matured , slipped back in some places but overall stepped into my own.
I did this post last year (but I think I accidentally deleted it) and I liked it so much that I thought I’d repeat it and celebrate a new 365 days the year. So here’s the post that i was thinking of, months after my birthday. Although looking back on this I achieved about HALF of them. Which is excellent! And not to mention I accomplished quite a few things that weren’t on the list like getting rid of a toxic friend, being honest about my mom and things to consider when looking for an apartment.
I have some wishes & goals for this year I wanna share with you.
- I want to grow my marriage-grow closer and gain better communication; always working on that.
- Keep building a community with my blog, stay consistent and show steady growth in my social media numbers.
- Read more, watch less.
- Make a solid plan to meet up with friends and create deeper friendships.
- Do more random acts of kindness for strangers.
- Keep writing with pen pals.
- Cook more (again) eat out less.
- Regular date nights. Maybe at least once a month planned.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get on a regular daily schedule.
- Keep the dogs on a regular schedule.
- Take better care of myself (physically, emotionally and psychologically)
- Decorate the bathroom.
- Be a more patient person.
- Act more graciously/be more forgiving.
- Stay super close with my tribe on #slack
- Clean my apartment daily & weekly to keep our place looking nice.
- Drink more water!
- Save 1000$
- Go to a concert or event
- Watch top movies on IMDB
- Go visit Disneyland
- Shop Costco for a year
- Get a massage
- Work on taking more pictures
- Do a boudoir shoot
- Be happy with less (stay content) and full of joy!
So that’s a little peek into my world and what I am hoping for the next year. I haven’t explained a lot but I did so well with my goals last year, nailing nearly half of them that I sought out for myself.
Here’s to a new year full of surprises!