I’ve been making intentions and setting goals each month for over a year now. If you want to go see past posts you can click here. Having goals for the future and intentions on what I want to accomplish now shows you what you’re working towards and how far you’ve come. This is in hopes of you also linking up with Hodge Podge Moments and telling us yours. Here’s a refresher of my October Intentions were and also whether I feel like I met them or not:
- Stick to my blog schedule M/W/F/Sun
schedule time to brainstorm and write blogs
Schedule social media with Hootsuite
Make use of #powerhour with Pamela and Raewyn
I did really good with this one and I think I met everything I set out to do. On my phone I have a master list of ideas that I built on more and pulled from for October and November. Late night #powerhour with Pam and Rae and scheduled social pretty well this past month.
2. Keep house in order (chore days & weekends catch up)
Laundry-Tuesday or Thursday
Dishes-at use or at nights before bed
Shorties Cage: Saturday
I would say I accomplished this section too as I didn’t have a schedule but the house has stayed and been maintained clean for awhile now. I have been cleaning Shorties’ cage and feeding her regularly as well. CHECK!
3. Create a daily routine
- Make and follow a morning routine
- Make and follow a nightly routine
Did NOT do this. BOO! FAIL! We got on a bad sleep schedule and I messed my whole life up. Feeling a lag for over a week or two now so I’m trying to change that. And at least get up earlier to get motivated and be a productive adult. Making a routine will help so it’s on my to do list for sure.
4. Organize/Update Blog
- make drafts/brainstorm re-do pages (Emily Finta)
- create idea for uniform graphics
- create categories and update tags
- mission statement & welcome page
I didn’t get to this either although I have been randomly updating tags, categories and some lacking blog posts. That’s something right? I’ll work on this more over the next month or so when I’m able to take on more.
5. Create a self love/self care time daily-weekly
- write daily in instant happy journal
- read excerpt from find your happy daily mantras
- write a bit in 52 weeks of ….. happiness/list project books
- read/listen to a self growing type of book (audible, blog related or like “complaint free world”
This was a 50% type of thing, I did pretty well but not my best. I have been pampering myself such as sweets, cuddle time and face masks. Also I have been taking lots of time to write but not as much to read- that’s to be worked into my daily schedule as well. Soon my dears! Cheer me on!
6. Learning Hour-make the blog better, streamlined and grow it
- do things about learning how to make the blog better
read ebooks, webinars and posts about growing, social media etc.
- newsletter business
- batch-writing and blog scheduling
Learning hour has been helpful and I know I can and will do more. I’ve watched some webinars and taken lots of notes but nothing further than that. Batch writing is commencing so maybe this week/weekend will be a test phase for that one. I’m still determined to get a newsletter up and running as well so let’s jump on that business bandwagon. What do you think of a blog newsletter? Do you have one? Is it necessary for growth? Helpful, in what ways?
These are my intentions and goals for November:
1.Keep my blogging schedule M/W/F/
- Brainstorm and come up with original ideas
- Schedule social media with Hootsuite a week at a time
- #powerhour with Pamela and Raewyn each night
2.Keep house in order (weekends as catch up)
- Laundry 1x weekly as needed
- Dishes daily (help from roommate on weekends)
- Vacuum weekly and tidy daily as needed
3. Plan out and create a daily routine (make blog post out of it)
- make some daily structure (get up, shower, get dressed, feed dogs, blog hour, clean time, make meals, read, write, etc)
- make a nightly routine and find a sensible bedtime that works for me (to get tired again)
4. Organize Update Blog
- create uniform graphics for posts
- work on tags/categories/update archived posts in blog
- sketch out design/layout of pages for Emily Finta
5. Take time (more structured*) for self love (including: writing, reading and self care)
- face masks, hot showers, tea and a good book, writing in IHJ daily and on time (get caught up today)
- write in 52 weeks of…….. books for grateful and thankfulness
- continue and finish “You are a Badass” on audible- perhaps while blogging, take any notes needed for growth
6.Learning Hour-make the blog better, streamlined and grow it
- read e-books, webinars and posts about growing, social media etc.
- newsletter (GET IT GOING! SCHEDULE IT by October 15th)
- batch-writing and blog scheduling ( needs to be done daily with Social Media batching weekly)
So, I hope I can progress further than I did last month. I didn’t get much accomplished. However, starting off this month strong by batch writing and sharing everything effectively gives me hope. I’d love to know what your goals or intentions are. Updating my stats as well to see how far I’ve come in the last year will be exciting. Good Luck and Happy November!