So I’m writing this post partially as a goals post (which I have been writing a few of lately) and the other half for inspiration and motivation for things I am doing and want to accomplish for myself. My loves, passions and dreams in everyday life!
|Us in February 2009 before we were married
I am currently a Stay at Home Wife and fur-mommy-who wants to become a better wife, partner and friend. So I’ working on spending more time with my husband, making more time for intimacy and acts of love and planning our future. I’m trying to be a better listener, have ‘productive’ disagreements, learn to verbalize my feelings more accurately, be more clear about my wants, needs, anticipate what he wants and needs in return and just generally be a bigger help to him. I would like to aim for more date nights, more laughter and even more quality time together to make our relationship thrive!
My health and fitness is something I want to focus on this year. I want to make a bigger effort this year towards being a more complete person. Yoga has been on my mind for a long time and in addition to meditation. I’m going to try this by doing workouts at home. I think I’ll start in February though however I need a yoga mat or something to keep stable on carpet. I already pretty daily practice mindfulness and calming anxiety techniques so I’ll continue that as well. Since I suffer from anxiety and panic disorders- I’d like to get some kind of medication help.
Writing is a passion of mine. Since I departed from college for psychology I had felt a little aimless and right after we got married I was less interested in school and more interested in starting my life as wife and mom to our pets. But writing has always been there kind of lurking in the background. I always had a journal or place to write thoughts, poems, short phrases and things that inspire and make me strive for more. So I basically started this blog digitally so I could continue and blog all about our new wedded journey and my day to day plans. I have now been blogging for almost 5 years (I had a previous blog before starting this one
or more explanation here
) and I wouldn’t change a thing (except maybe blogging more consistently and reaching out to others to network). If you’d like to see my first post go here
I want to expand, perhaps monetize in the future. Writing/blogging more often is very important as I am now going back to fix up and fill out my archives which is fun! I want to redesign and re brand some again too. I am currently trying to evaluate where I want to build from here.
Writing to pen pals is something I want to continue as well, so I look forward to making more friends with all of you through #fireworkpeople group
I love it all so much already! If you are interested in being my pen pal- please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com, write Pen pals in subject line.
I am enjoying it more than ever truly-so if you enjoy your blog and taking the time to write for yourself or a million readers or just your family; go for it, don’t give up and just keep expressing yourself.
In 2015 these are the things in more detail that I’d like to accomplish, goals I have, things I am going to do. I have been working really hard the last few days to make this a quality post with great pictures and some links mixed in. So without further ado, here goes…
- I want to dedicate more time with my husband. Love deeper, stronger and fiercer. Trust more and worry less. I will work on being there physically, emotionally and spiritually. I want to have date nights more often and not let it fall by the wayside. He works so hard for us and therefore I want to work on bettering us as well.
- I want to be more financially stable and less dependent on others for security. I want to clear our debt and be free of that burden. In conjunction with that, I would love if we can secure health insurance since it’s so very important. We do not want to go long into 2015 without preparing for any unexpected emergencies.
- My blogging to become more constant than a hobby but less than a career. I enjoy writing and I’d like to improve in that area. I need to correct my grammar and punctuation. My favorite subject was always Creative Writing, that would be nice to tap back into. To have a passion again is one of my top goals for this year.
- I have touched on volunteering and it’s just a matter of finding the “right” opportunity and transportation to get there. I think the perfect place would be with kids or writing/office work. I like the idea of helping out at a shelter too.
- I want to continue to be creative; in other ways. Crocheting was something I really enjoyed. I would like to be crafty. I want to DIY and decorate more this year (make our apartment more of a home feel). Don’t they always say “Home is where the heart is”, well this move was harder when we decided to downsize so ‘d like to feel more content at home this time around.
- A fitness plan for this year would be ideal if I followed through more than I did last year. I did Crossfit- round robin style gym, solid for 6 weeks then kinda just stopped. I feel better when I am active and it’s important to incorporate that into daily life. I want to become more active and try yoga steadily. If the gym doesn’t seem to stick I can start a home workout of yoga and basic stretching to keep in shape.
- I’d love to also work on my health in general, so getting health insurance is a huge one! I need dental, medical and eye appointments. I want a general check up to make sure I don’t have any underlying issues and get basic blood workup done. Mental, emotional,spiritual and physical health are becoming more important to me-if I let myself go-the “machine” of it all will start to fall apart and we don’t want that!
- * I had to add this one last second because I forgot TRAVEL! Well we are now mobile with a car finally after waiting years just for that step (getting a license can be a pain in the butt-Sean is driving for now, not me). But I would love to finally save up and take a proper honeymoon/vacation/getaway even if it’s close-like Disneyland or a cruise. That would be such a great experience for the both of us.
So that’s it for now, I just wanted to write all this down and dive into what my actual goals were. I hope this post will motivate and inspire you like it has me, I am ready and rearing to go. I know this first week and a half has flown by but I’m just getting started.I’m ready to take 2015 by the horns and seize each day. (as always you can follow me via social media to see if I’m keeping up with my goals) *now I’m going to work out*
^te he he really!
Please feel free to leave one or a couple of your goals for 2015 and how you’re going to reach them, say hi, leave some love or just like/share this post! THANK YOU!
Have a nice day readers! 🙂
*stock images from Google, other images linked to my pinterest
Hey everyone, I know I haven’t written in a few days and I hope you’re having a great day. I just wanted to also write the post for 2015 Goals and Accomplishments I want to achieve. I wrote a 2014 in Review so you can go check that out and I also did a sweater weather tag and If you really knew me recently too!
Here’s my plan in 2015:
Health & Fitness
Start working out in the gym
Grocery shop: Meats, Veggies, Fruit Etc.
Drink 5 bottles of water daily (not recommended 8 glasses but better than what I usually drink)
Eat 3 square meals daily
Get health insurance
Leanr about and try essential oils
Brush teeth regularly
Schedule all needed appointments
Blog 3-5x a week
Use a blog calendar
Vary the kinds of posts I publish
Partner with 3 more bloggy friends
Comment on more blogs
Comment back more efficiently
Post more to blogging groups on facebook
Find more linkupsto join
Take more pictures
Keep up with chores
Keep up with laundry
Dust more often
Hang clothes up right away
Keep floors clean and clear
Get a desk for the dining room/office area
Write what I’m grateful for every morning in my journal
Read personal bible every night
Create new resume
Find a place to volunteer (3x a week)
leave more gratuitous tips
Regular date nights
Technology free nights
Surprise hubby with gift
“Us time” (3x a week)
I just hope I can accomplish some of these at least- most of them, I’d be thrilled. I wanna be a better person, wife, blogger in this next year.
Hello again friends,
First of all I vlogged a video last night for Coffee Date friday linkup
but honestly I look and sound, well bad. It looked silly and my lazy eye was acting out terribly (eek, how embarrassing?) so I don’t know if I’ll post it this week or not.
What do you think? Do you have any weird quirks about you? Maybe ones that sometimes bug you?
If you comment and want me to, then I will *Promise!
Now… onto the next thing… March Goals!
I have never done this so I figured maybe its a great way to make myself intentional and I’ll have to do a check-in at the end of the month.
- I will find a workout routine- maybe just 3 days a week to start, to get off the couch and start feeling active.
- I will continue to job search and hopefully become successful in finding a job I will keep!
- Reach out to friends and maintain my fw cherished friendships. Talk more, visit more and make some memories! If they don’t reach back, be okay with that and make new friends.
- Disconnect one day a week and spend that extra time being with my family and/or being productive not online. (Thursday-Friday-husbands days off)
- Blog regularly 3 or more times a week with QUALITY content.
- I’m going to be happier, more joyful and make every day count for something. #itsthelittlethings
- Loving my husband more clearly and become better at “showing” and not just telling.. Actions speak louder than words.
- Sell and or Trade things that I no longer need- save money and/or use widely for things we (actually) need. Goodwill and Salvation Army do count- towards writeoffs for next year.
This is my little short intentional list, it’s a work in progress, but I think if I work hard at it and be mindful- these things can easily be reached and achieved.
Thank you for reading!