I’m sad that this is the last Sunday Social when this is the longest running linkup I have personally been a part of. It has helped me grow and meet tons of people-women and fellow bloggers alike. I will truly miss it when it’s gone but you can enjoy reading everyones answers to the same questions again from week one. Maybe yours have changed-pretty sure mine have.
Have Fun and a huge thank you to Neely and Ashley for keeping this going for so long!
1.How did you come up with your blog name?
I have changed my blog name several times if you’ve been following me from the start (I doubt that many if any, are.. but I love the readers I have at all) when this was Two is better than One, I’ll answer this currently. I decided on the name The Petite Mrs because I’m petite and a Mrs. Well it sounds basic but I liked that it sounded like an excellent blog name and wasn’t taken for URL/social media purposes. I wanted to expand and be open to always blog about whatever I wanted. I have never kept a name very long so more than likely as I change, it will morph again.
What do you think? Do you have any suggestions? and I would LOVE to know if you followed me from the start 5 years ago from fall of 2009! ( I also blogged from “This Little Love”, as well if you recognize that..)
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love being a writer and the more I stray the more I completely miss it!! And that’s a good sign, means I do love having this as a solid hobby and I should never stop altogether.
I love the community and social aspect it has brought out in me. I tend to be a withdrawn, homebody and all around quiet person but over the computer I am much more relaxed to be myself.
3.What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now cant live without?
Social Media. I mean really-instagram, pinterest, bloglovin, twitter and facebook etc! And my iPhone 5s. I didn’t have one until about 2 years ago and it has CHANGED the way I blog, what I’m able to do, how and when. It grew my skills and when I need to vent and just write I can on my iPhone 5s (it’s just a lot easier if you have a smart phone and I don’t plan on giving it up anytime soon!)
4. Facebook or Twitter? and why?
My answer before was probably Facebook and still it remains. But I have to say since post 1 of this linkup; I have learned so much about twitter, how to use it right, how to “hashtag” and link to people. I have made hundreds of good connections even if its only to follow each other and show support.
5. If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
A triple threat person like Jennifer Lopez or someone as prominent as Oprah or Dr Phil. Someone who’d be recognizable: I’d like to know they were reading; whether I bragged about it or not (which I would not, and is NOT FLATTERING AT ALL). It’d be nice to know someone huge enjoyed my log or even just a GREAT POST of mine. I’d be over the moon happy!
6. What is something you want people to know about your blog?
I enjoy what I do. I’m not always consistent or interesting, but I do relate when I write heartfelt pieces about my life and experiences. It’s all truth and no B.S. I honor who I am on this blog (maybe even more than in person… weird I know) but I love writing and knowing people take time to comment and share something. It makes it worth doing even more so, with readers… but even if you all left tomorrow-I’d still be writing in some capacity.
P.S As always, more than ever thank you for reading and as we say goodbye to this linkup; can I get a shout out of those precious 170 followers, even just a few people who are here? ROLLCALL!
please comment below.
1. Favorite Month and why? October. Because its the perfect mix of warm and cool weather, candles, rainboots (or any boots!) sweaters and hot cocoa/apple cider!
2. Favorite Holiday and why? Christmas. Just because I have the most family memories from that time of year
3. Are you getting the new iPhone or are you more of an Android person?I have the iPhone 5s, but I’m on a plan and don’t think I can afford the switch or buyout- so wait for an upgrade it is. I want it though- once all the bugs are fixed.
4. Most thoughtful gift you have ever received from someone? a valentines day card, hubby declared his love for me..
5. Something you can’t wait to splurge on? a house. I want a home of our own (and a baby, so bad) I’m ready for life to start!
Happy Sunday FUNDAY!
1. What is one thing you hate doing?
I hate washing the dishes. It is a mindless task and even though I have a dishwasher- a pre wash/scrub is the beign of my exsistance.
2. What is one thing you hate shopping for?
Shoes. I have no good luck….
3. What is one thing you love doing?
4. What is one place you love going?My families cabin
5. What is your favorite thing to do that you do daily?
Shower. The hot water is sooooo relaxing to me. Or being with my husband
1. One item you wish you could splurge on right now: Fall Clothes or new furniture for our place
2. If you had an entire weekend of no plans what would you do? Take a vacation, go to the beach or do something really fun with friends…
3. Next place you are visiting outside of your current city? Probably the beach- Newport or Lincoln City or a new town we haven’t been to before in Oregon/Washington
4. Are you a neat freak or a clutterbug? Both! I go through phases of both. Times when I clean like a madman and sometimes when I let our place get messy and cluttered and I just don’t care.
5. Favorite Summer purchase? My swimsuit from Old Navy in Turquoise. 🙂
1. One Show you would love to see on Netflix that isn’t there:
2. One song you wish they would play more on the radio: anything Boyz II Men, Tyrese, Mariah Carey old school and Whitney Houston.
3. Your favorite song to sing loudly to in the car: “Riptide” love how aloha it feels, so chill and relaxed.
4. What Movie/TV show do you quote the most? Pretty Little Liars probably!
5. One silly thing you do daily: I ALWAYS SAY “I LOVE YOU”….